He relinquished command of Bravo Company, 4-70th Armor and took command of Delta Troop, 5th Cav, the Brigade Reconnaissance Troop. Actually, it happened in reverse order, which was really weird. For about an hour he was in command of two companies.
It was a bitter sweet day for him. He took command of Bravo in December of 2008, while in Iraq. He had built some wonderful relationships and camaraderie with those soldiers and he was proud of them and of that company.
On the other hand, he's a Cav guy. He's really been looking forward to taking Delta Troop. The Cav is a whole other beast and what he knows best. Like they say, "If you ain't Cav, you ain't ---- (a four letter explicative that starts with S and I won't say)!" And if you're wondering what the funny looking hat he's wearing is all about, it's a stetson...a Cav tradition that only Cav troopers wear. (Think guys on horseback in the Civil War). It looks funny, but it's a cool tradition.
Since I am on bed rest, Brady and I didn't get to be there. I was awfully disappointed that I couldn't be there to support my husband, my hero and my best friend, but he knows that my love and complete support are his. As upset as I was, we both knew that my place was here, taking care of me and Noah, and that by doing so, I was taking care of us all.
I did send both of our cameras, so when he got home that night, we were able to watch the video and look at the pictures from the day and share in his moment with him.
I am so proud of him and his accomplishments. I know that he will do wonderful things with Delta Troop, just as he did with Bravo Company. He's a great soldier, but more importantly a great man, who does his job not only with great skill, but with great integrity.
We as his family, are blessed to have him as our leader, as are those men that he commands.




Congrats, Buck! I know Bravo Company will miss you as much as Delta Troop is excited about their new wonderful Commander!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to a wonderful husband, father, and server of this fabulous country! You have got to be so proud of him!
ReplyDeleteJordan, I cannot tell you how it warms my heart to hear of your love and pride for our son! He is very blessed to be married to his best friend and someone who is so understanding of the very difficult, military lifestyle. He could not accomplish this without you and your support. I'm so glad that you understand that you are a team and that you share in his successes.
ReplyDelete