Oh, sweet sleep...Why do you continue to elude me?
At this point I should be sleeping as much as possible. In just a few short weeks, I won't be able to sleep through the night...even if I could.
I'm 33 1/2 weeks. If this pregnancy is anything like the last, I only have 3 weeks to sleep!!
Wait...I'm not very good with Math...maybe I miscalculated...(counting on my fingers)...
Nope. I'm right. 3 weeks! Holy Moly!
Brady came at 36 weeks. I'm praying that Noah holds out until at least 37. For his sake.
Not that Brady had any health problems, but he could have. We were blessed.
Knowing how little time I have left freaks me out just a little.
Now I won't sleep because I'll be making mental notes and lists of all of the things I've procrastinated and how I need to get crackin' just in case he does come early.
I need to pack our bags.
First, I need to buy diapers to put in his bag. I remember the ones they had at the hospital were way to big for Brady.
Then I need to pack his bag...
And mine...
And Buck's...
And Brady's. Can't forget B. He needs an overnight bag too this time!
We need to get the car seat installed.
And the Boppy washed...
And all of the other laundry piled up in Noah's room.
At least the furniture is together...
Although we have to make a few minor adjustments to the cradle, because the bedding didn't fit quite right and the bumper won't tie on, so that presents a problem. I can't simply leave it that way and hope that my child is still enough to not knock it out of place and suffocate himself.
I don't want to be in the same situation we were in with Brady.
After I finished straightening my hair and applying my makeup I was literally throwing things into a bag as Buck frantically tried to figure out how to install the car seat in the dark, 5 minutes before we left for the hospital.
Don't judge...he came a month early. I thought we had plenty of time!
As for the hair and makeup...
I walked into labor & delivery convinced that it was false labor and that in an hour or two I would be going back home. I wasn't trying for a home birth.
48 hours later we walked out of the hospital with a tiny 5 lb. little runt.
I was in the same clothes that I walked into the hospital wearing, because in my haste, I forgot to bring an extra set. Okay...and because I REALLY thought I'd be back in my bed that night. I only packed a bag because my husband insisted.
So, I suppose that, just in case, I should have things in place a bit early this time.
And, maybe, just maybe, being prepared will take a little worry off my mind and help me sleep.
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
You sound like me. I have severe insomnia and have already started with the list making....shewww!
ReplyDelete