Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, B!

I'm a few days late on this post.

Brady's birthday was on the 17th.

We had a party planned.

It was going to be adorable! A little sock monkey theme. I worked for a week on the decorations. The day before we made cupcakes and cookie bars. I had started putting up the decorations and then...

I started having regular contractions and ended up in labor & delivery...again.

So we had to cancel the party.

I was heartbroken. I so wanted my baby to have fun party on his big day. I even had the cutest little sock monkey shirt made for him to wear to the party.

We had to postpone his first birthday party as well...he had pneumonia and was released from the hospital just two days before.

But, luckily, both times we've at least managed a cake, or this year, cupcakes, balloons, and a few people who love him to cheer him on as he blows out his candles. Last year my mom took it upon herself to make sure he had a small celebration and this year, our friends, the Steinhauers came by with a wonderful dinner, gifts and their precious little one, Chase...who by the way is smart, beautiful and my future daughter-in-law! :) She and Brady had the best time playing with his new easel that we got him and hiding out in our bedroom. At one point we caught them kissing in the corner of our room! Yep, that's right...kissing! Brady had his little arm around her, stroking her hair and they were kissing!!

And Brady LOVED blowing out his candle. We had to sing "Happy Birthday" to him at least a dozen times and cheer as he blew out that candle!

I know B didn't know the difference, but I'm gonna make it up to him.

We're planning on rescheduling the party either when my mom's here or sometime after Noah's born. We might move it to the bowling alley too, since he loved bowling so much.

Most important to me is that my baby knows how much he is loved and that his birthday is my favorite day of the year. It's the day my life changed forever. The day I knew what God had put me on this earth for.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, B! We were so happy to celebrate that special day with you! Now if your mom would let you out of her death grip to go play...

    ReplyDelete