Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reluctant Mother

Multiple times each and every day, I'm on the couch (as I'm supposed to be at the moment), and Brady decides that he wants me off of the couch.

He walks up to me, grabs my finger, and says, "puuuuullll!", as he tries with all of his might to pull me off of the couch. If I don't get up as quickly as he thinks I should he then says, as he looks at me with the sweetest look I've ever seen, "Tum, Mommy!". So reluctantly, I come. And I follow as he guides me where ever it is that he wants me to go thinking that I wish he'd just let me be.

Today, as I was begrudgingly tagging along behind as he drug me to our bed, he kept turning around and looking up at me over his shoulder. I looked down at that little smiling face and those chubby little fingers wrapped around mine and realized that I shouldn't be so reluctant.

One day, sooner than I'd like, it won't be my hand that he's wanting to hold, or me that he'll want to go snuggle in bed with or just sit with him as he plays.

So, I'll go and follow just as long as he'll let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment