Sunday, January 17, 2010

Love At First Bite

A few mornings ago, Brady got to try out his first donut.

I know...

Every child needs to eat donuts occasionally; and what kind of mother am I to have deprived him of this sweet experience for two years?

It's just that we don't keep too much junk food around the house, so donuts don't usually make the grocery list. Brady gets his fill of sweet treats occasionally, but I don't want it to become a habit.

However...

With me on partial bed rest, Buck has been the one to do the grocery shopping, and when Daddy makes the list, somehow, lots more junk food appears in the pantry!

I will say that I enjoyed every second of watching this little monkey devour his chocolate donut. As you can see from the pictures, it was love at first bite!


3 comments:

  1. What an adorable mess, B! We can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand Brady....not much is better than a chocolate donut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Brady! That's awesome! I typically buy necessities, but when Hubby shops, we seem to get a variety of Little Debbie snacks and other random treats. Must be a guy thing! I started to cry the first time I gave Kyleigh a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie...it was last month, near her 3rd birthday. I think if I could give her a donut my mind would explode!

    ReplyDelete