I thought I'd do a quick update on this seemingly never ending pregnancy journey...which now that I can't get off of the couch, seems longer than never ending!
There will be no picture with this post. Since I'm on partial bed rest, that means I don't get out of my p.j.'s and my hair doesn't come out of it's pony tail. I do, however, still brush my teeth.
Here's the lowdown...
Weight gain: Let's not even go there! I will say that since Christmas, I haven't had much of an appetite, so I haven't gained any more since then. And I suppose I should be happy with the numbers, since they're considerably lower than with Brady...at this point with him, I was gaining about 2 lbs. per week!
Stretch Marks: All I can say is I must have some awesome elasticity to my skin! I don't know how any body could expand this much (or as much as it did with Brady) and not have a single stretch mark, but it doesn't. Thanks Mom & Dad for the great genes!
Belly Button: Still sittin' tight as an innie! This makes me happier than you know! :)
Clothes: My tops seem to be shrinking! Good thing I only need to wear p.j.'s for the next couple of weeks!
Sleep: Not so much. Although, this has improved since getting the Ambien.
Labor Signs: Unwanted, painful, much too regular contractions that have sent me to labor & delivery twice in the last week. Apparently, my body wants to expel my child. Thankfully, he's stubborn and isn't coming just yet.
Baby Movement: Oh, yeah! This kid thinks he's on Soul Train!
Cravings: Like I said, not much of an appetite. I have worse cravings when I'm not pregnant.
What I Miss Most: It's a toss up. (1) Living without burning stomach muscle pain and searing back spasms. (2) My waist.
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
3 months ago
Not much longer! You can do it! :) I didn't get stretch marks either...and I SURE don't know how b/c I gained 50+ with both kids! My mom didn't get them either so I really think it has to do with genes. Hang in there and enjoy the last few weeks of only being responsible for one. It gets crazy when that 2nd one comes along! lol
ReplyDeleteI gained less the second pregnancy too. Probably because I was chasing a two year old the whole time! Good luck with Noah. Sorry for the bed rest situation. That sucks. It will all be over soon enough.
ReplyDelete