Thursday, October 1, 2009

If Only For Now

Right now I'm sitting on the couch, thanks to partial bedrest for the next few days, (more on that later) and looking at Brady sitting in the rocking chair playing with his see-n-say. He doesn't even know I'm watching.

I'm just trying to form a snap shot of this moment to hold on to forever. His little face just lights up when he hears and repeats all of the animal sounds. He looks triumphant when he recognizes one.

I find more and more lately that I have these moments I want to preserve forever.

Maybe it's because I realize how quickly life changes...

How fast they grow up.

Or maybe it's the pregnancy.

I see him there now and just wonder if I'll still recognize these moments when I have another little one in my arms, pre-occuping much of my time.

I worry that I won't.

I worry that one day, all too soon, he'll be grown and these precious moments will have passed me by.

I worry that somehow, I'll get caught up in other things or other little ones and just forget to stop and look...

And remember.

But, if only for now, I'll turn off the world and watch him smile.

And this moment I'll remember...

And appreciate all of the joy it brings.

1 comment:

  1. Once again your awesome words have me in TEARS!!! You are a great writer! I know what you mean about just sitting and watching them play. It is so neat to see all the things they can say and do on their own. I am sure that you are having preggo moments of emotional outbursts, but you are just being a mom who loves her boy dearly! When you have your next baby you will get to enjoy seeing them interact together and cherish the new phase in your life. Gosh I wish we could hang out....miss you!

    ReplyDelete