In celebration of Halloween, Buck's battalion had a Halloween "fun run". (As if running is fun!) The battalion commander "strongly encouraged" the guys to dress up, and in the Army, that translates to, "you will dress up".
Buck went as Dionysus, The God of Wine. (It was the cheapest costume we could find at the PX.) The grapevine headpiece makes me chuckle every time I look at this picture!
Families were invited to attend, but it was about 35 degrees, and started at 6:30 in the morning! Needless to say, I did not drag my rounded self, or my sleeping child out of his crib before 6:00 in the morning to stand, for over an hour, in the freezing cold!
Fortunately for Buck, he's used to it. That's what he does every morning Monday-Friday. Just not usually in a flimsy robe!
I think Buck looks...well...very Greek or Roman. Sounds like a fun/cold way to celebrate Halloween.
ReplyDeleteHe looks 'thrilled' to be all dressed up to run!
ReplyDelete