Every year at this time I always find myself saying the same thing...
"Where did the year go?"
This year I find that question more fitting than ever.
Is it just me, or does it seem that every year goes faster?
Brady will be 2 in 18 days and I can honestly say that the second year goes faster than the first.
I wish I could find a way to slow down the clock...to find a way to catch all of those precious memories I'm chasing.
I feel like I'll blink and he'll be waving goodbye as he walks into Kindergarten.
And as much as I can't wait to see my babies (I'm sure the time will go as fast with Noah) grow into precious little boys and amazing men, my heart breaks to think of that day.
But, the Bible tells us, "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to reap, and a time to sow; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war; and a time of peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
So, for now, I'll cherish this beautiful season of our lives. And look forward to those seasons yet to come.
I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions, but I do believe in setting life goals and taking steps to reach them.
As we come upon a new decade, there are things I would like to accomplish during this season...
I want to be a better follower of Christ. I want to spend more time each day in His word and His company.
I want to work on throwing off the chains that keep me from doing so...worry, fear, anxiety...
I want to be a better mother, a better wife, a better daughter, a better sister...more loving, more patient, more understanding, more giving.
I want to spend more time giving back...finding more ways to leave this world a better place for my babies and their babies.
And there are a few things I want to do just for me too...
I want to take a few photography classes so I can better preserve some of those precious memories of which I spoke.
I want to begin teaching fitness classes again.
I want to spend more time just being in the moment and enjoying where I am right now.
I hope that in saying goodbye to 2009 we can all look forward to a beautiful new season. And that in 2010 you find peace and contentment and joy in God's richest blessings.
Happy New Year!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
Thanks Jordan...I so needed those verses. I'm having a hard time with my babies growing up and that helped a lot! I just wish I could freeze time.
ReplyDeleteYou are just like me! I was wanting to do all of those things myself and I was gonna blog about it, too. And I also don't like the term "resolutions" because they never seem to get done! Happy new year to your family and many blessings to the new baby!
ReplyDelete