One tradition that I wanted to start with our kids was to bake a cake, or this year, cupcakes for Jesus on Christmas Eve. It's just one more way that we can incorporate the birth of Jesus into our Christmas story.
My mom sent an adorable Christmas cupcake kit for Brady and I, so it turned out the be just the perfect thing!
I baked and iced the cupcakes, then B got to help me decorate.
When we were all finished, we took one, lit a candle, and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus! (I'll post that video in a separate post.)
(B pretty much did all of the decorating by himself!)
Another tradition, that I'm carrying on, is that our kids get to open one present on Christmas Eve. For us, it was usually our Christmas p.j.'s, but since we have boys, I didn't think p.j.'s would be too exciting for them. Instead, I let B choose which one he wanted to open.
Excellent! Chris and I watched the video, too...so precious! Merry Christmas to you and all the fabulous men (small, tall, and in the womb) you're celebrating with!
ReplyDelete