Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Could Not Ask For More

One of B's favorite things to do is play and cuddle in our bed. Every day, he grabs me by the finger, says, "Come.", and drags me to our bed.

Today was no exception. But, once we got to the bed, he wasn't in a playful mood, but a cuddly mood. He just wanted his Mama as close as possible. And of course, I was in heaven.

He started stroking my cheeks, much like I do his. Then he wrapped both of his sweet little arms around my neck, called my name, pulled me as close as I could get and started playing with my hair.

As I was lying there, listening to his little heart beat, the words to the song, "Could Not Ask For More" kept running through my head...

Could Not Ask For More Than This Time Together,
Could Not Ask For More Than This Time With You,
Every Prayer I Had's Been Answered,
Every Dream I Had's Come True,
Right Here In This Moment,
Is Right Where I'm Meant To Be,
Here With You,
Here With Me,
I Could Not Ask For More Than The Love You Give Me,
Cause' It's All I've Waited For,
And I Could Not Ask For More
Lying there I realized that in this life I could not ask for more. I have the love of my husband, my beautiful son and the love of another on the way. It doesn't get much better than that.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, too sweet. I cannot wait for moments like these with little Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we're having a scheduled c-section on Dec. 29th. Calyn was an emergency c-section, so I decided to go that route again rather than attempting a VBAC. Have a wonderful Christmas! Glad to see you broke down and baked some cookies:)

    ReplyDelete