Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving '09

Today was a wonderful, special day for our family!

Not only was Buck home to share this holiday with us, but we were able to spend it in the company of some very special friends.

Early in the afternoon, we went to the barracks and spent a while with Buck's company and some of our Black Jack families. So many people went to great lengths to make sure that those soldiers had a fantastic Thanksgiving meal...and the spread was fantastic!

It just did my heart good to see all of those single soldiers, who are so far away from family and home, laughing, and eating and having a wonderful time. It was a very special thing to see and I'm so thankful that we were able to be a part of it and spread a little holiday cheer.

Afterwards, we came back home and to our very dear friends, who have become family. We had A LOT of food and it was the perfect ending to the day! After dinner and dessert, (because what's Thanksgiving without a big piece of pecan pie?) we shared a few more minutes with the Andrews' before they headed off to their hotel room. (They're moving back to the states on Tuesday, so this was one of our last opportunities to share a special meal with them.)

Though we did miss our family back home, we were able to share this day with people who I can honestly say I love just as much as my family! Monica, Keith, Elizabeth Anne, Mary Catherine and Will...thank you for being with us today! We love you all! I hope this day was a special for you as it was for us!

And I hope that all of you had a very special time with family or friends, and that your Thanksgiving gave you as much to be thankful for as ours did for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment