I love how this time of year things seem to slow down, just a bit, and allow us to take inventory of our lives. It seems that so many of us end up asking the question of ourselves, "What am I thankful for?", as if we actually have to stop and think hard for something to give thanks for.
For me the question is not, "For what am I thankful?", but rather "Why would I NOT be thankful?". God's blessings are poured over me every single day. There are too many wonderful, beautiful things in my life for me to NOT be thankful!
First and foremost, I am thankful for the love of Jesus Christ. Every day He covers me with His undeserved grace and mercy. I am thankful that that grace has carried me through a world that is not always kind.
I am thankful that every day I get to wake up next to my best friend. Not so long ago I was waking up to an empty, cold bed. God's provision brought my husband safely home, just 6 short months ago.
I am thankful for the smiling face of my beautiful, healthy, thriving son that greets me each day.
I am thankful for the joy that that little boy brings to our home.
I am thankful that God has chosen me to assist him in a miracle...the miracle of life. And not once, but twice.
I am thankful that for the last 25 weeks God has seen that my body stay strong to support the life growing inside of me.
I am thankful that Noah is strong and healthy and that I can feel him growing stronger every day.
I am thankful to have the love and support of my family. There are days when it is their encouraging words that get me through. It's as if they know how to reach across the miles and wrap me in their love.
I am thankful for the friends in my life...the ones here with me, the ones in the states and the one all the way in Korea (Yes, Mini, I mean you! You have no idea how much I miss you and our long, thoughtful walks!) Those friends at times, have become my family.
I am thankful that my husband and I have built a home of more than just brick and mortar. We have built a home on the rock of Christ. A home of love and patience, forgiveness and laughter.
I am thankful for each day that God grants me.
I know that life is not always beautiful. There are times of difficulty and pain, suffering and sorrow. But I know, that because I have the love of Christ, family and friends, I will ALWAYS have something for which to be thankful.
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
Beautiful words from a wise young woman.
ReplyDeleteThis was so beautifully written! And you are right...we have so much to be thankful for that we should ask ouselves why wouldn't we be thankful when we have been blessed so abundantly.
ReplyDeleteI am thankful that HE has given me wonderful YOU! I am thankful that I have the blessing of talking to you EVERY SINGLE day and hear your beautiful, LOUD, laugh. I am thankful that I have your love.
ReplyDeleteI am honored and BLESSED to call you "my child".
Always and forever,
Mom