Friday, November 13, 2009

A Sad Realization

Last night, as Buck was perusing the Internet for a Christmas gift for his little brother, and practically drooling over the hunting knives he was trying to decide between, I came to a sad realization.

In a few short years, I won't be shopping for cute little toys, or adorable outfits, or cute gifts from Pottery Barn Kids to have personalized.

Nope. I have boys.

I'll be shopping for hunting equipment, video games, electronics, knives, and the latest from Bass Pro.

For some reason, those things just aren't as fun to look at, or to buy.

I suppose at some point I'll be wanting a little diva after all!

2 comments:

  1. Well, no, those gift ideas don't sound as cute as what we get our boys right now! I'm with ya...it's different than a party dress or cute accessory, but hopefully our excitement for all things rough & tumble will grow as they grow; hopefully we'll enjoy buying our boys fishing rods or dirt bikes just because they enjoy their hobbies. Personally, I'm praying the Lord will give me soft spot for all things creepy crawly over the next few years! I can see you're a great mom to a little boy, but I can totally envision you w/ a pretty princess, too! What a blessed family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better I often drool over all the really neat boy stuff out there (my tom boy streak) like Lego this or nerf gun that. But I have a very girly girl and this year I have been searching for anything not pink (I was SO excited her winter jacket is not pink this year) and princess related. She would be most happy if we just completed the collection of disney princess dress up clothes (her Nana will take care of that).

    ReplyDelete