Friday, February 12, 2010

There Is No Time

You know those moments that you hear something or read something and it's almost like it was written or spoken just for you...

I just had one of those moments as I was reading a friends blog.

She said this...

"when you think about life, and how short it is, there is no time".

No time to sit and let worry or fear or frustration to steal your joy, your happiness, your contentment...

I needed that reminder.

Lately, I've been down, worried, frustrated, even fearful.

This has been a long 9 months.

It started out with me so sick that I couldn't get out of bed.

By the time I felt well enough to get out again, the cold and rain had set in.

Then there was the bed rest.

And now the snow that never ends, that I worry will keep me from the hospital that I will soon need to get myself and precious child to.

There's not a part of my body that doesn't ache and I don't mean the usual aches and pains, I mean pain...real pain. The kind that keeps you awake, moaning all night.

I've been in labor before, and had a natural birth and when I tell you that my back hurts, I mean it hurts worse than it did in that delivery room.

I feel isolated and alone.

I miss my family and wish that I had them closer.

I feel trapped.

Like I need to escape this place...

Wishing some days I could escape my own skin.

But then, that one line speaks to me..."there is no time".

And I realize that all of those negative feelings are wasting precious time. They're robbing me of my joy...and my life.

I have so much more to be thankful for...

The love of my husband, who has been beyond supportive, not just these last few months, but for the last 6 years.

The love of my beautiful, healthy son.

The fact that God has kept Noah right where he needs to be...

And that no matter the circumstance He has always taken care of us.

I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and realize that this too shall pass...

That in fact, it's almost over and that my reward is going to be so amazingly wonderful that I won't even remember any of this...

And that in life, there is no time to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment