I've just been beside myself lately!
I've been a Saints fan from day one. I got it honest...my Dad's dad (Paw) was a die hard fan! You know...the kind that is moody for days if they lost on Sunday, but whistling all week if they won! This moment is one that I've waited a LONG time for!
And I feel a little left out...
Like I can't be there to celebrate and share in the excitement...
I'm sure that being on the opposite side of the Atlantic has something to do with it!
If ever I were to fire up our big screen, host a Super Bowl party, dress the whole family in Saints jerseys and paint those little black game stripes under my eyes, this would be the time! And I can't!
I know, you're thinking, "Why can't you have a party?". "It's not like it's against German law, is it?". No, it's not. It's just that I'm pregnant...very pregnant. And after much thought, debate and grief, I've decided it's best if I don't. It would be really awkward and a bit rude to rush our guests out because my water broke and I had to get to a hospital...fast! And besides, I'm not sure I have the energy to get every thing together for a big bash.
But, I know some of you are bound to be planning parties, so I can live vicariously through you.
I found this great, easy and fun recipe over at Picky Palate and thought it would be perfect for the Super Bowl party I won't be having...but you might! It's easy and would make cleaning up after 20 people super easy! If you decide to try it out let me know how it went. And pass along some of your victory party pics! It'll make me feel more connected!
For me there's always next year, right? WHO DAT!!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
Never mind the fact that the game will come on at midnight our time... Ugh! David is upset too that we can't really throw a big party. He says it just won't be the same without all his Saints buddies from home. True dat! ;)
ReplyDeleteWho's to say that y'all can't have your own little private Super Bowl party?
I just went and looked at that recipe too! How fun is that? And convienent. Great for all kinds of events!