Sunday, September 13, 2009

Welcoming Fall!!

What is it about Fall?

So many things to love.

The crisper, cooler, cleaner air.

The extra spring in your step.

The feeling of excitement....Something's coming. Things are a changin'.

Anticipation.

The smell of new books and school supplies.

Football!

Holidays to celebrate.

Time with family, gathered around the table.

A good, warm bowl of gumbo on a cool afternoon.

Pumpkin patches.

Precious kids dressed in their Halloween best.

Cozy sweaters.

Carmel apples.

Fall festivals.

Adorable decorations to put out in the yard. (Oh, how I do miss Hobby Lobby!)

The beautiful colors of the changing leaves in contrast with the clear blue sky. Just makes you stop and take a long look at God's goodness and the beauty with which he blesses your life, doesn't it?

Another year coming to a close.

A new one, full of life and possibility coming to fruition.

So many memories to look fondly upon...so many more yet to be made.

Enjoy every falling leaf, every cool breeze, every sunny skied day!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I love fall too! It never was the same in Hawaii. I miss Germany's fall/winter :) Hoping for a pretty one here in Leesville this year! Heard anything more on where you guys may head next? Did I tell you MacKenna has your Aunt Kay for 2nd grade this year? She absolutely adores her and we're so thankful that she has her as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete