If you'd have asked me 2 months ago, I'd have told you that I was planning on leaving the curls in tact until he turned 2. That was then. Things happen. Plans change. And not always because you intend for them too.
I was tremendously please with Brady's 1st haircut! But, after about a month he needed another one. I tried to schedule the 2nd one with the same guy who cut it the first time, but he was out of town and it would have been over two weeks before we could have cut Brady's hair again.
It couldn't wait. The curls were taking over and growing wild! My poor child looked like his mama took no interest in his grooming. As evidenced here...
I left the barber shop in tears and continued to cry every time I looked at the back of my baby's head for the remainder of the day. Not one precious baby curl remained! In fact the guy used the clippers!! Brady was nearly scalped!
Today we went for his third haircut and I decided that he might as well have the big boy style, that I was set on waiting for until January. I told Uli to cut it short enough on top that I could give him a messy little spike, yet long enough that I could still comb it over as I had been.
Here are the results...and I must say that I was more than pleased! In fact, I'm in love! The entire drive home, I just kept looking at him in the rear-view mirror and smiling!
Brady was pleased with himself too. He told Uli that it was "sassy", his word for sexy! LOL!
Proof that sometimes, when life changes your plans for you, it turns out for the better!
Oh my goodness! I LOVE it!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDelete