This morning, Brady was playing in his room like always.
Suddenly, I heard a cry. But not his usual shrill, mad at the world cry, or his hysterical, the world must be coming to an end cry...a muffled cry. I thought maybe he'd shut his door and was just wanting out...but his door was wide open.
I go in the room, but don't see him. The closet door was open, so I checked in there, no Brady. I looked on the other side of his bed, no Brady. I looked behind the bed, no Brady. My heart started beating a little faster and I started to get a little panicky.
I hurried out of his room and into ours, no Brady. I ran down the hall and saw that the bathroom door was closed, so I thought, "Whew...he's closed himself in there." I opened the door, no Brady!
By this time I was really freaking out. My child was still crying, by now more hysterically, and I could hear him, but I couldn't see him...ANYWHERE!
I went back into his room one more time. I listened. It sounded like it was coming from the crib, but he wasn't in the crib! Finally, I looked under the crib.
And there he was! His diaper was hung on the springs and two of the cutest little cheeks you've ever seen were exposed. It took me a minute to free him and another minute to figure out how to get him out from under there. I ended up just dragging him out by his feet.
After about 30 seconds of cuddling and kisses he wanted to be free so I checked for blood or bruises and then let him go. And what's the first thing he does...try to crawl back under the darn crib!
They never learn do they?!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
Haha! We need to take them to a playground STAT! I'm all for running them into exhausting right now.
ReplyDeleteHaha! No, boys don't learn that way! My daughter does, but my son is just a different animal entirely! Boys like to keep their mamas on their toes! Glad Brady's ok!
ReplyDeleteHow funny!!!! No, they never learn...he just found the best hiding spot in the house.
ReplyDelete