I'll be the first to tell you that I'm stubborn. I refuse help even if I need it. Even if it would make my life easier...especially help from a man. I find that most of the time I don't need it and (usually) I don't want it. It irritates me that men think I can't carry a box by myself just because it nearly outweighs me, or that for some reason, my hands are too small to carry more than two bags of groceries at once. I am not one of those sissy chicks who expects a man to lay his perfectly good coat over a mud puddle just so my feet don't get wet...know what I mean?
I have managed a household and all that goes with it...cleaning, cooking, taking out the trash, bills, car trouble, oil changes, plumbing issues, sick kid, healthy kid, etc., etc. through 3 deployments and countless field time. I have, however, never done it with multiple kids, a trash bin that's nearly 50 yards away, and laundry that must be done in a basement...until now!
These last two weeks have heightened my appreciation for all that my wonderful husband does for us! After both kids and myself have been sick for days, requiring multiple doctors appointments, taking a newborn and toddler to the grocery store, doing laundry late at night or early in the morning in a dark basement, and having to plan a time to take out 5 bags of trash, to include 2 very heavy, very smelly bags of diapers, all because I can't leave two little kids alone in the house, I realize it's nice to have an extra set of hands around here.
I'm still not admitting that I NEED his help...I'm just sayin' that I appreciate it!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
Just so you know, your husband shared with me that your strength and independence is one of the things he admires in you. He knows without a doubt that he can do his job, not worry about you are the boys, and that when he gets home you'll pick up just like he never left. No matter how long he's away.
ReplyDeleteI, as your Mom, am proud of your strength. You done a WONDERFUL job taking care of the "men" in your life. Just remember to take care of you. Your "my baby".
Always and forever,
Zia
Sorry, that should have read "you've" done a WONDERFUL job and......
ReplyDeleteYou're "my baby".
Yes, I was a teacher, yes, I am a professional, yes it's been as long day.
Zia, aka Mom