Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blessed

God has richly blessed Buck and I with loving, caring, amazing parents and our boys with the most wonderful grandparents any kids could hope for. They have been given more love in their short days than some kids get in a lifetime.

My mom was here when Noah was born. Looking back, it still amazes me that she arrived less than two hours before I went into labor! She wasn't here when Brady was born. The little stinker decided to come a month early and surprise us all, so to be able to share the birth of her grandchild with her this time around was very special indeed.
Just this past week, Nana, or Ana as B called her, flew over to see Noah and Brady. Buck was in the field pretty much the entire time she was here so she and I were able to bond in a special way. Buck and I have been married for 6 years in May, and we haven't spent more than 4 days together. It was time much needed and time well spent. Much like when my mom was here, Noah's tiny hiney didn't touch his swing very often!
Even though Zia wasn't here when Brady was born, she was on a plane and in Germany with us by the time he was 7 days old. I have some very special memories from those 2 weeks she was with us. I will never forget the look on her face or the tears in her eyes when she held that tiny little bundle for the first time. And yes, in the background you can see all of the things that were supposed to be hanging on our walls. Our household goods arrived on Monday and I went to the hospital in labor Wednesday night! Brady came home to many, many unpacked boxes!
And, Nana and Grandpa both made it out to see B when he was just a few weeks old. They were able to stay for a week and what a special week it was! I would imagine that holding your grandchild for the first time is much like holding your child for the first time...instant and unconditional love.
We are blessed indeed to have people in our lives who love us so much they're willing to put their lives on hold to fly across an ocean...just to be with us.

1 comment: