It's been 3 weeks since we've been to Cologne, but I'm just now getting around to going through the pictures and selecting a few to put up here.
I don't know why, but I'm terrible about blogging our travel pics. Like our trip to Rome...We went a year ago in June and I STILL haven't blogged those pictures. I think it's because I take way too many pictures and figure no one wants to see a hundred pictures of some buildings and stuff that's 2,000 years old. I dunno, maybe one day I'll get around to it.
Anyway, I decided to break this post up into two parts because I have about 20 pictures to post from the 2 days. We had a FABULOUS time! Although Cologne is a fairly large city, it has a small town feel. It's beautiful! There are many, many things to do and see, but with only 2 days, we had to pick and choose.
At the very top of our list was to see the famous Dom (cathedral). It 's considered to be one of the most beautiful in the world and from the night shots I got, you'll see why. It was one of the things I really wanted to see here in Germany. We did get to go inside during daylight hours, and it's massive and beautiful inside as well. However, the best pictures were those I put up here.
Here are a few pictures from day one...
Brady and Noah both enjoyed lounging on the comfy, fluffy bedding in the hotel.
After dinner at McDonald's (yes, McD's...Brady isn't too keen on heavy, saucy German food) we stopped at this little Eis Cafe. The ice cream here was decadent, with flavors like Hazelnut and Tiramisu (two of my favorites). And who knew ice cream could be beautiful?




No comments:
Post a Comment