We just got home from the clinic where they confirmed that I am definitely pregnant! (The picture is of the home test that I took yesterday.) We are beyond thrilled! This precious little miracle is an answered prayer. For months now, we have been wanting to expand our little family. We just needed the other part to the equation...With Brady, I wasn't so excited when I found out. It was my first pregnancy. I was scared, sick and didn't know what to expect. Honestly, vanity played a big part in my poutiness. I just knew that I would gain 100 + pounds and spend the rest of my miserable life trying to desperately fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans. Much to my amazement, I did not gain 100 pounds, and what I did gain was gone in less than 3 months and I was quickly back into my jeans! Now, I'm ashamed that I ever felt that way. How could I? Why didn't I take the time to realize what a blessing I had been given?
However, when they put that precious little bundle in my arms, I could have cared less if I ever lost the baby weight. Nothing in this life could ever come close to comparing to that moment. I was holding a miracle!
So, this time around I vow to cherish every quickly passing moment. I will love watching my body change and grow and shelter this precious little one (which for now, I'll refer to as Baby X). This time around instead of wishing away the next nine months I'll, as Irma Bombeck so elequoently stated, "realize that the wonderment growing inside me [is my] only chance in life to assist God in a miracle".
Wow...That's hard to wrap my mind around. Not once, but twice, God has chosen ME to assist HIM in a miracle! I don't feel worthy of that honor. To HIM goes all the glory!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so awesome! I remember you telling me at Jackie's shower that you were ready for Baby #2. Can't wait to see you grow and help God..I love that thought! Praying for you and baby!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you. Your thoughts are precious! Looking forward to following your progress.
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! Best wishes as you grow your second miracle! (I love the quotation by the way; very inspiring!)
ReplyDelete-Summer
Thank GOD you are taking the advice of your favorite aunt this time & not stressing about what follows the pregnancy! ENJOY every minute of it, even the nausea!! LOL!! Not really that part! But....now you know that mother nature takes care of all the after-pregnancy issues!! Love you girlie!! You are always BEAUTIFUL, no matter what!!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS girl! You will be an awesome mom to 2! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You're only two months behind me:)
ReplyDeleteBesides being sick this time around, I sometimes forget that I am pregnant. Chasing a two year old around all day leaves little time to ponder the miracle that is in me. With Calyn, I thought about her all the time, and imagined what life would be like when she joined us. Aaron even says he's having trouble remembering I'm pregnant. I need to make more time for pondering this little one. Thanks for the reminder...you're a great mom:)
Congratulations Jordan! I'm so excited for you guys! Babies truly are miracles. Good luck with everything.
ReplyDelete