Saturday, June 20, 2009

Love Letter For A Father

How great is a father's love? So great that He laid down His life for you and I.

I know of two father's who's love for their children is so great. They love deeply and passionately and would give their own life for that of their children. I am honored today to call them my husband, and my father. They are two men that I so greatly respect and so greatly love.

These past few weeks have been more than amazing. I have been able to watch my husband, Brady's father actually get to be a dad. And what an amazing father he is! He's patient, fun, caring, loving...everything a father should be to a little boy. He has the heart of The Father. I once read that, "Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice." I know that Buck has taken that to heart. I hope that one day, our precious baby boy is exactly like his father.

Brady absolutely adores his daddy! His little face just lights up when Buck comes in the room. I see them together and feel so incredibly blessed.

This Father's Day, I honor you, my beloved husband. Because I don't often enough tell you what a wonderful father and example you are to our little man. Thank you for loving us so very much!

One of the most vivid memories I have of being a child is that of my father's hands. Rough with callouses, yet a soft and gentle touch. Every cut, scrape and bruise a visible symbol of the the love he had for us. I can remember seeing those hands bleed. I can remember seeing him come home hot, weary and with every fiber of his being exhausted after a 15 hour day at work. I can remember him waking up at 4:30 in the morning after that 15 hour day to have breakfast ready for my sister and I before he headed off again. I cherished those few quiet, stolen moments we had toghther every morning.

My father is a simple man of few words, but you can know that what he speaks he speaks with honesty, dignity and love. He is a man my sister and I can be proud to call father; a man with whom we can be proud to share his name. He is the man who taught me everything I need to know about love, dedication, faith and hard work by the simple elequoence of his example.

Today, I take this chance to honor you, Daddy. To say thank you for being the wonderful father you are, because I don't say it often enough.

I believe that a man best leaves his mark on the world with the love he gives his children. What a legacy these two men will leave behind!

Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful, Jordan! You made me cry early this morning. I hope you, Brady and Buck have a wonderful day together.

    ReplyDelete