Thursday, June 25, 2009

Flashback Friday

After receiving news of our little Baby X, I've been doing a lot of reflecting on my pregnancy with Brady and those first few days and months we had with him. As I look at him now, it's easy to overlook how far he's come and how quickly he's grown. Today, I was looking back at pictures of him the day he was born and of those first precious days. The first picture is of the first time we attempted to lay him in his crib. That little 5 pound body was lost. He could have swam in that crib! As you can probably guess that moment lasted long enough for me to snap a picture and then he was back in my arms...

The second photo was taken last week. Now he seems almost too big for that very same crib. Tugs at my heart just a little...

We parents say it all too often, "They grow up so fast!". But it's absolutely true! At least we have pictures like these to remind us to slow down just a bit and live in the moment.

3 comments:

  1. So precious! We're thrilled for you guys expecting Brady's sibling! P.S. Random question...his little pj's in that last pic are so cute, where'd you get that little sleepy time romper? So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a couple of years makes!! I love looking back at pictures and the girls even enjoy looking at their baby videos. It helps me to remember just how far we've come and appreciate them more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....look how much he has grown! He looks so big in the crib now! It makes you want to cry doesn't it? They are at a fun stage now. I love to have Marissa do all her tricks and show how "smart" she is! Best wishes on new baby. You look awesome now! Have fun growing...I loved that part of the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete