I just thought that I'd start posting more of my scrapbook pages here on the blog. I know some of you scrapbook too and some of you are interested in PSE and all of the wonderful, amazing things you can do with the program, so I figure you'd be interested. And, if you're not, maybe I can inspire you to start preserving your memories too!
I scrap our lives...our everyday memories, to preserve them for the boys. So that one day they can look back at these albums and remember all of the wonderful (and even the not so wonderful) times. These pages are part of the legacy I want to leave for them.
I'll post the journaling under each LO so you'll know what each one is about. And then, I'll link each image to my gallery with credits in case you'd like to pick up any of the wonderful goodies you see.
And, if you'd be interested in a few simple tutorials, leave a comment letting me know, and I'll see what I can come up with. I'm certainly no pro, but I have enough of a basic foundation, that I could help get you get started and guide you through a few key techniques.
Here are my 3 most recent layouts. For the first two, I tried to embrace my inner minimalist...a challenge for me. I love the clean look of this type of LO, but struggle to get a post worthy page together. I think these two came out really nice. The third LO is more of the style I tend to gravitate towards.
Anyway, enjoy and let me know if you have any questions. :)
Breathtaking:
Journaling Reads: Growing up a young girl in small town Louisiana , I dreamed of seeing the Eiffel Tower...of sitting at a sidewalk cafe, eating croissant, drinking a cafe au lait, as I watched the Parisians walk by. It was a dream I never thought I'd have the opportunity to realize. Living in Germany has provided me with an opportunity to see some of the world's most amazing cities. I will never forget the sights, the smells, the sounds, the beauty of Paris. It took my breath away. I will forever be grateful that I have these precious memories.A Perfect Day In Rome:
Journaling Reads: The Eternal City. Historic, timeless, rustic, perfection. Rome has always been at the top of my list of places to see, but I wondered if I ever would. It did not disappoint. The food, incredible. The people, warm, friendly, kind. They have a way of making you feel at home. Every day spent there was a perfect day. Around every corner another piece of history was awaiting me. Given the chance I'd go back this second. I could spend ages there, just strolling along the tiny cobblestone streets, taking in the sights and smells of what is one of the world's greatest cities. I traced the footsteps of emperors, stood where Caesar's throne sat, walked the hallowed halls of the Vatican, entered the arena where gladiators fought and marveled at the ingenuity of the Romans. It was truly amazing. I walked a city that has stood for nearly 3,000 years. How do I even begin to describe that?Pitter Patter Goes My Heart:
Journaling Reads: 20 little things I love about you...you love me, you're an awesome daddy, you're a man of God and the spiritual leader of our home, you work hard to provide for us, you help me out around the house with anything from cleaning to handy work...you're very handy, you know?, you always tell me i'm a great cook...even when i'm not, you have the patience of Job with me and the boys, you let me pick out your clothes, you always come home smiling...even when i know you've had a bad day, you give great back rubs, you think i'm funny, you're proud of me, you still enjoy taking me on dates...7 years later, you're my best friend, you have the most genuine smile and laugh, you can still melt my heart with those baby blues, you think you're the lucky one...even though i know i am, you let me think i'm right...even when i'm not, you tell me everyday that i'm beautiful, you gave me the two most amazingly beautiful little boys in the whole world
Very nice! How about a PSE class when you get home and settled? Especially love your Eiffel Tower picture and page. Do you do blog redos? :))
ReplyDeleteI'm with Mrs. Skinner...PSE class when you get back!
ReplyDeleteToo cute! Did you make Buck blush when you showed him the last page? :)
ReplyDeleteVERY nice. I keep thinking I need to just go digital but then look at the huge pile of paper/embellishments/etc to my right. I'm giving it one more move and if I still don't get back to it it's going on ebay!
ReplyDeleteThese are awesome, Jordan!! Your pages are beautiful and you always do such an amazing job with your journaling!
ReplyDelete