Saturday, July 17, 2010

The City of Lights...

...Of which I did not see the lights. Having two little boys in tow makes it hard to wait until 10:30 at night when it gets dark and they turn on the lights, and we thought that the Metro might not be a safe place for the kids that late. Paris, however, lights or no lights is a spectacular city!

We thoroughly enjoyed every second we spent there! We'd definitely plan a return trip if we were staying in Germany a bit longer, and plan to one day re-visit Paris (without kids)! We packed in as much as we could in the three days we had. We of course saw all of the touristy "musts"...The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, and Notre Dame. All of that was amazing, but I think the best part was the people. Parisians are superbly friendly, helpful, wonderful people. We truly loved this city and it's people! Oh, and the fresh pastries from the bakery just around the corner from our hotel...to die for!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our trip...

The Eiffel Tower (or Tour Eiffel) as the french would say.
We had to put B on a leash. :) He loved running around this park next to the Eiffel Tower.
Noah just sat in his stroller, a happy baby, taking in the view.
I love this picture. Brady kept climbing up on his bed and gazing out the window at the skyline.
The Mona Lisa. It's not nearly as big or impressive as I had imagined. She sits behind glass in the middle of a huge room, with a ridiculous crowd pushing and shoving to get a shot of her.
Here's the crazy crowd. I actually waded through it to get my picture...nuts, I know.
Oh, how I love this face.
I think Brady's favorite thing was feeding the pigeons outside the Louvre. At one point, I think we had every pigeon in Paris at our feet.
The Arc de Triomphe. Yes, I ran out into 8 lanes of traffic to get this picture...
Noah enjoyed helping Daddy read the map. :)
A shot of the Eiffel Tower from across the Seine.
Notre Dame. Not as big as I expected, but so beautiful. A peaceful haven in the middle of the city.
I just loved this shot.
But, my favorite picture from the trip...this one. This is the view I live for.

5 comments:

  1. Glad yall had a gret trip! You got some beautiful pics of the city...and your boys! Love the one of Brady and the pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Looks like y'all had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering about you. Now I know you were just in Paris! What great pictures and boy did you'll do well sightseeing with two little ones. Glad your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the pictures! Do you take a bad shot? They are all super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics...I can see why the last would be your favorite!

    ReplyDelete