Today, as I was scrapbooking, I was listening to "I Was Here" by Lady Antebellum. I'm sure most of you have heard the song by now. In case you have not, here is bit of the lyrics ...
You will notice me
I'll be leaving my mark, like initials carved in an old oak tree
You wait and see
Maybe I'll write like Twain wrote
Maybe I'll paint like Van Gogh
Cure the common cold
I do not know, but I'm ready to start, because I know in my heart
I want to do something that matters
Say something different
Something that sets the whole world on it's ear
I want to do something better with the time I've been given
I want to touch a few hearts in this life
And leave nothing less than something that says I was here
There was a time that I felt lost. I was searching for my purpose, wondering why God put me on this earth. I spent my days and nights asking, praying, hoping I would find my passion ... or at least a way to feel that my life meant something to someone. A few years ago, maybe I would have heard this song and wondered what I would do to leave my mark on this world, but not anymore.
I do not need to write like Twain wrote, or paint like Van Gogh. Michaelangelo's got nothing on me.
Just look at those two little faces. They are my David, my Mona Lisa, my legacy. They are my mark on this world. Because of them I have done much more than just pass through this life. Even if no one else in this world remembers my name it does not matter, they will.
When I look into their precious faces this life becomes crystal clear. They are my reason. And long after I'm gone little pieces of my heart will still be wandering this world.
There's not a day that goes by that I do not praise God for the blessing of my boys. Being their mother is the greatest honor I could ever receive.
Sorry, I don't know what happened here. I tried to fix the spacing and Michael Angelo...I know it's one word, not two, but apparently I can't fix it without re-typing the whole darn thing! Oh well...
ReplyDelete