Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tulips and Windmills -- Mother's Day Weekend

This Mother's Day was very special indeed! Not only did I have two beautiful boys for which to be thankful, but I was able to see a beautiful part of God's creation. We spent the weekend in Noordwijk ann Zee, a wonderful little seaside town in The Netherlands.
I have always wanted to see the tulips in the spring. From all of the photographs I've ever seen it just looked like a little piece of Heaven here on Earth. And seeing it in person left me more convinced than ever that it is indeed! God's hand was evident in everything that I saw and smelled and touched.
I took many, many photographs and thought I'd share my favorites with you.
It is quite difficult to get a 2 month old and a 2 year old to look at the camera at all, let alone at the same time. This is the best we could manage. :)
This picture is a bit out of order, but I didn't want to go back and upload all of these again, so here it is...This is Keukenhof. The 2nd largest park in the world and 3rd most photographed. It's not hard to see why. There are millions of flowers here!
Not long after crossing the border into The Netherlands we started to see windmills. I know this isn't the greatest picture of one, but cut me some slack...we were driving 80 mph on the Autobahn. It's a wonder I could even get it in a frame!
Our hotel, the Hof van Holland. It sat on a beautiful, quiet street. I loved the streets there. It was like stepping back in time to the 1940's. We saw many families riding their bikes with woven baskets on the front.
The rest of the photos were taken at Keukenhof. They are simply amazing!







...And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:13

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, what a lovely way to celebrate motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny - were you there Sat or Sun? We might have walked right past each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful place to visit and beautiful family! Happy late Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete