Friday, May 29, 2009

MISSION COMPLETE -- OUR HERO IS HOME!

After 14 long months, our wait is over! Buck's mission is complete; our hero is home!

He arrived Wednesday, the 27th of May, one day before our 5th anniversary! I couldn't have had a better anniversary gift than to have the man I love more than anyone else in the world, my best friend home with us, where he belongs.

The welcome home ceremony was supposed to be inside, at the Hall of Champions gym, but for some reason, when we arrived, we found out it was being held outside! Wednesday, was no day for outside ceremonies. It was so cold! The high was around 55 degrees and there were some major cold winds blowing! I know...it's May...but this is Germany and apparently it's always cold and windy here. I wore a strapless top because (I thought) we were going inside and I could brave the cold parking lot to look cute when I got in the warm gym. Instead, me, Brady and my friend Monica, who took most of these wonderful pictures, waited in the car with the heater on until the last minute!

When we finally got to the field the guys were standing about 100 yards away on the other side of the fence. We spotted Buck early, (which isn't so hard to do when the guy you're looking for is a head taller than anyone else there) and then, nothing else mattered. I didn't care that I was shivering and chilled to the bone. I didn't care that my hair was blowing wildly all over my head and in my face. I didn't care that my tears were streaking the mascara I had so carefully applied. I didn't care that anyone else was on the planet! My HUSBAND, Brady's FATHER, our HERO was home!!

We watched as the gate opened and those brave men marched onto that field and I thought that I would burst with pride! To be honest, I don't remember anything about the ceremony except that it felt like an eternity before we heard the word we were all waiting for..."DISMISSED!". With that, Brady and I took off running across the field and fell into the arms of our hero. I sobbed and Brady just had this bewildered look on his precious little face. It didn't take him long to warm up to his daddy though, and by an hour after we got home, they were best buddies!

That day, those first moments we had together as a family, will be forever etched in my memory. Not a day will go by that I won't say a prayer of thanksgiving that God brought us together again. More than ever I realize that He is faithful to his promises and that His word is true. He has given me so many moments to cherish and to be thankful for, but this one was one of the greatest. "Your LOVE O, Lord reaches to the heavens; your FAITHFULNESS stretches to the skies..."

Father, I thank you that you are a God of your word. Thank you for being faithful and true. Thank you for covering us with your divine protection, for arming us with your mighty strength and for wrapping us in your holy love. Today, I celebrate that you brought your son, my beloved and Brady's father home. To God be the glory!



We decorated our little part of the stairwell to welcome home our hero!

Before we left for the ceremony, Brady wanted to practice waving his flag for Daddy...

And then, he was ready to go!

We waited in the Jeep with the heater on.

And in they marched!

We spotted Daddy!

Waiting out the ceremony.

Finally...our next chapter begins!!










When we got home, we let Brady play with the balloons...

He was thrilled to finally get his chubby little hands on one...he had been begging me for one all day!

Showing Daddy some love!
The perfect ending, to the perfect day!
*On a side note...I want to thank you, Monica for the wonderful pictures! You made these precious memories possible to share with our family and friends and for us to enjoy for years to come! (Monica left her husband, who had come home only days before, on her anniversary, to be there for us! She's a better friend than most, and a better friend than I would have been!) Love ya' girl!

11 comments:

  1. This made me all teary eyed! I'm so happy your man is home! I love seeing all the pics...I feel like I was there with yall! Tell your hubby "Thank You" from us for protecting us and for sacrificing so that our family is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you all together again. My heart is filled with joy. My God bless this wonderful family. Love you all, Uncle Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teared up reading that! Beautiful pics...all of 'em, especially the one of you holding Buck's face---so precious! I like Lil' Man's shirt, too! So glad you're all enjoying time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, as usual :)! So glad everyone is back together! We did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in tears...tears of joy for you that this deployment is OVER. So happy for you. The pictures are beautiful! I love them all. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay......you did it!! I'm crying!! There, are you happy? You know how hard that is to do!! I am so thanking GOD for bringing our Buckles home safely yet again! Thus, I know he has something so INCREDIBLY wonderful in store for the three of you!! I am in awe of my nephew, CPT. Allan Carroll, for he so bravely accepts his duty as an American Soldier with class, style & professionalism. I am especially grateful for the ROLE MODEL he is for my two sons~~a TRUE role model and one that talks the talk & walks the walk!! An American through & through and someone that I am so proud is part of our family! Our Zack has his sights set on West Point and up until this moment, I was against it. However, after seeing these pictures, nothing would make me prouder than for my baby son to grow up to be just like his cousin!! I love you guys and give my heartfelt thank you for the sacrifices you have made as an ALL-AMERICAN, Christian family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at these pictures made my day. Better yet, they made my whole week! I am so happy for you guys. This is the perfect proof that there is an all-powerful, loving God! Everybody's prayers were answered. I love you guys so much!
    Love,
    Dean G.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great anniversary gift! Congrats - now enjoy that well deserved block leave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! I was so happy to be there for you. I'm so excited that your family is together again...I pray that you have a wonderful reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy that your family is back together again, safe and sound! The pictures are beautiful. I love reading your stories and I am touched by all the love and sacrifice it takes to be a ARMY family. Enjoy your well deserved family time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pictures of your family! I am so happy that you are together again and that God was faithful to see you through your deployment. Praise God for Buck's safe return to you and Brady!
    -Summer

    ReplyDelete