that my beautiful baby boy is one today! It's passed me by all too fast...even faster than B's first year.Last night, as I was nursing him to sleep, I had a moment. I realized that right then, one year ago I held him for the first time. There is a 6 hour time difference between here and Germany, so officially, in that very moment he was one. I held him close to me and I sobbed. And I sobbed some more. I held him long after he was sound asleep and just listened to his slow, sweet breathing. I sat there, holding him for almost two hours. I just wanted to stop the clock. I wanted to keep him right there, with me, my baby, forever.
But the longer I looked at him, the more I realized that God has big plans for him. And, as much as I'd love to keep him little forever, I can't wait to watch him grow into the man he will become.
He's already amazing. A smile rarely leaves his lips. He's beautiful...inside and out.
He's a bit of a chatter box, wildly determined, stubborn (wonder who he gets that from?? :)), a BIG eater, into everything, and taking a few steps here and there. All in all...he's perfect!
I still have pictures to post from his party (and Brady's too, for that matter). Keep an eye out...they're coming soon.
Until then, I'm off to enjoy all of life's precious moments with the two most amazing little boys in the whole world!
This picture of Noah reminds me a lot of the picture of Brady's looking up at a xmas tree you posted on FB. Happy birthday, Noah! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI'm already emotional as it is! Gosh, brought tears to my eyes just thinking about how much our little ones change and grow up before our very eyes! You have two very precious gifts and alot to be thankful for! I feel very fortunate to be having another baby soon, a new addition to our little family.
ReplyDelete