It's been a whirlwind lately.
I felt like I haven't had time to exhale.
We spent our last few months in Germany traveling, packing for the move and living out of suitcases. When we finally got back on U.S. soil, we had time to unpack, do some laundry and re-pack for a (wonderful) trip to San Diego.
Not that I would have changed any of it...I'm so thankful to have the memories of Cologne, The Netherlands, Normandy, Paris, Garmisch and Austria. And, it did my heart good to see our family in San Diego. We made some precious memories. But it's good to have time to just be...
To be home with family. Today I got to hold my two beautiful nephews and spend quality time with my sister and brother in law.
To be able to order sweet tea in restaurants. I'm a true southern girl and I so love my sweet tea. As much as I loved Europe, I truly missed being able to order sweet tea!
To be taking an active role in building our house. Until now, I've made all of my choices by looking at options on my computer screen. Now I can actually see it and feel it all coming together. It's finally real to me. I'm not just watching a dream come true, I'm taking steps to make it happen. It's tangible now.
To be able to rock my Noah to sleep. Tonight, for the first time since they packed up my rocking chair, I held my baby in my arms, sang him sweet lullabies and rocked him long after he was sound asleep. I forgot how sweet it was. I forgot how sweet he smelled and the way he lets out the softest little sighs when he's safe in my arms. The time is just going by too fast (he's already 6 months old), so to be able to hold him and turn off the world for a few minutes is like stealing a little bit of heaven.
To be sitting and watching Brady stomping ants, catching bugs and digging in the dirt. He loves to play outside (and much to my dismay, he loves bugs). I love to watch as he chases the birds and the heat flushes his pretty little face. I love to hear the sound of his laughter as the bugs "tickle" his arms.
To be here, on the couch, catching up on blogging and scrapbooking and unwinding with a good cup of hot tea.
I feel like for the first time in a long time that I don't have to hold my breath. I can relax and enjoy all of the blessing God has placed in my life. Of course, there's a million things I could name that await me in the morning, but for now, I'm just taking life one breath at a time.
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
I'm glad things are calming down a bit on your end. Although we miss you here, I'm so happy you finally have your family near by.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home! We gotta get all these little boys together! So happy for you and your family.
ReplyDelete