Monday, July 6, 2009

With Every Beat of My Heart

It seems like only a few days ago that I was sitting in my Grandmother's rocker and telling her that although I wanted another child, and the sooner the better, I couldn't imagine that I could love another as much as I love Brady. My fear was that somehow Brady would always be my "favorite". My heart was already so full, I didn't know how I could make room for another. I was so concerned in fact, that a few tears fell during our conversation.

Now I realize how foolish I was. I don't know anything about this little one yet. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl. If it will be our little prince or princess. I don't know what it's name will be. I don't know what it will look like...the color of it's eyes, it's hair, the shape of it's little lips, if it will have Buck's nose or mine. I don't care. All I know is that from the moment I found out that I would be a mom again, I have loved this child. And, I love it just as much as I love my little Brady. I guess that love just comes automatically with being a mom. It's a love that God puts inside us, and with the first news of that little miracle it starts to unfold. With each new phase of your child's life, the first ultrasound, the first kick, the first moment you hold that baby, the first smile, the first time that chubby little one crawls across the floor, the first time those wobbly legs take a step, you love your child more. Each time you look at that perfect little face you fall in love all over again.

So, my little Baby X, rest assured that your mommy loves you more with each passing day. There will never come a day that my love for you will lessen. Though change it will, little one, for I'll love you more with every beat of my heart.

1 comment: