As I was doing my devotions I came upon this verse..."And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests...". Eph. 6:18
Hmmm...It got me to thinking. ALL occasions and ALL kinds of prayers and requests. ALL? Really?
So it wasn't silly a few weeks ago in the PX to ask God help me to choose the most accurate pregnancy test? Or to have asked him today to give me patience to get through the first, second, third and even fourth temper tantrum and to help me react only in love and not frustration or anger? Or to ask him to help me feel just a little less queasy so that I can get off the couch and better care for Brady? God actually not only listens to those littlest of prayers, he wants me to pray them???
Yes. He does. He wants to hear them. He listens to them. He answers them.
Somehow, I had this silly notion in my head that I had only a pre-recorded number of prayers and requests. As if once I got to a certain number God would go deaf and no longer listen to me?! I'd better prioritize and only send up the "big" ones!
I was limiting God. I was placing boundaries on a God who has no bounds! He didn't ask me to. He never told me I only had a certain number of prayers he'd hear.
God wants us to come to him not only with lifes big problems, but with everything...even the littlest prayers. Our prayer life should be a constant conversation. We should be speaking to Him all day long, as we present Him with ALL our prayers and requests.
Now I just have to remember that a conversation goes both ways...I have to stop and listen. I have to be willing to receive what He has to say as well...
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
5 months ago
A friend of mine recently said on her blog that she prayed before she made a card, which is her hobby. She, just as you have, realized how God does want us to pray over all things, even if they seem silly. Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDelete-Summer
This is so true, Jordan! Thank you for the reminder. I need them quite often. God does want to hear from us and I have learned that he is interested in even the smallest details of our lives.
ReplyDeleteI think the listening part is the hardest at least for me. I am good at asking God to be with me in making all decisions but it's the listening to what he wants me to do is the hard part.
ReplyDelete