Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blogging Virgin

So...

I'm totally new to this whole blogging phenomenon. I'm a blogging virgin! Until recently I've sworn off reading blogs, posting blogs, facebook, myspace, and anything else that was part of this new age communication. What ever happened to good ole' fashioned letter writing?

Oh...that's right...we're an instant pudding kind of society. We want what we want, and we want it NOW! Just pour in the milk, stir for 2 minutes and put a spoon in it, it's done! So, I've decided to join the rest of you, and reluctantly, join the craze. "It's the 21st century Jordan, get with the program!"

One of the fears that kept me from it until now was that I would bore you to tears! What did I possibly have to say; what was so interesting about my life that you would actually care to know? I still don't have an answer to that question, but I'm sure that at the very least my family will care. I do have a 15 month old, so I'm sure he'll provide me with some good material. And a husband with no sense of direction. We live in Europe, people. Trust me, our adventures together will entertain you! I hope!

So here I am at midnight, (like I have any business pecking away at a keyboard) when I should be enjoying my sleep...a precious commodity when you have a baby. And, it's all for your reading pleasure. So, you'd better be reading! More to come...

7 comments:

  1. Yay, so exciting! It's great for friends and family to have a way to keep up on all your daily adventures! I live a boring life, but I blog for my blogging far-away relatives and friends so we can keep up w/ each other. Stop by anytime--it'll surely help you get to sleep fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out Jenni Mangums's blog, it might give you some idea's for yours..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! Yes, it's addicting. I have about 30 or so blogs I follow...all family and friends (oh, and one cooking blog). I'm adding you to my list! Aaron and I have had ours for about 2 and half years, so there's lots on there if you get bored over there in Germany (I was born in Augsburg by the way:)

    http://batonrougemangums.blogspot.com/

    Once again, your little boy is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jordan! Blogging is much more fun than FB!! My family and friends love it and now that Marissa is turning one in June, I have found a way to turn my blog into a hardcover printed book. I am working on it now! I used to scrapbook, but this will be much easier!! I will add you to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging is so much fun!! I think you'll love it! Your first post was so good....it sounds like you're a great writer. It is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family and even meet some new people.

    I'm adding you to my reader and my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee! Another one to get sucked into the blog roll! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You are now an official blogger. Hopefully you are better at updating your blog than I am :)!

    ReplyDelete