Thursday, April 30, 2009

Banana Bread Heaven

Okay...so I try to eat healthy most of the time, but occasionally I indulge my really big, fat, sweet tooth! My wonderful friend Carol was kind enough to have dinner and dessert (which also turned out be our breakfast for two days) waiting for us when we landed in Germany. The dinner was wonderful, but the dessert took the cake, or in this case the bread! The banana bread. Not just any old banana bread; cookies and cream banana bread made with chunks of Oreo's!! Carol is a woman after my own heart! In fact I would say that this banana bread is the second most wonderful thing I've EVER EATEN, next only to Cold Stone Creamery's "Birthday Cake Remix" ice cream. (If you haven't tried that either, go to your nearest Cold Stone... immediately!)

Since devouring the entire loaf in two days (I had plenty of help from a toddler with a sweet tooth apparently as big as mine), I have been craving this stuff! Not just an ordinary craving, but a craving so intense that it has consumed my thoughts to the point that I lay in bed at night wishing I had a loaf in the kitchen. I didn't even have cravings this serious when I was pregnant!! That's sad. I know! I kept putting it off, thinking that eventually the craving would just go away. Apparently not! It's been two weeks and my mouth is watering as I type!

I finally gave in and went surfing the internet for the recipe to my own little slice of heaven. I found it! I went to the commissary and bought all the ingredients to bake it. Now they're just sitting in the pantry waiting for me to craft them into my masterpiece.

Like I need those calories! My husband is coming home in less than a month. Most women would be inducing self starvation or at least noshing on carrots and celery and hitting the gym to tighten up all those little "problem" areas that no one's touched for the last 15 months. Not me. Instead I'm intaking more calories by the end of breakfast than I should have eaten all day! Something is wrong with my brain, or maybe my appetite. Either way, I'm rendered helpless by dough in a loaf pan!

To ease some of my guilt, I'm passing on the recipe to you. Please, don't leave me alone in my gluttony! Bake a loaf over the weekend and sit back as it disappears. Let me know how long yours lasts! Enjoy!

http://www.picky-palate.com/2009/03/naughty-little-cookies-and-cream-banana.html

4 comments:

  1. This is the exact one :)! Yay! I am glad you found it. Sorry that I forgot to give you the recipe :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh...that sounds delicious. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome! Ya know, cravings are how I can tell that I'm NOT pregnant...never had a single one during either of my pregnancies, but I have them often when I'm not expecting! So weird! I'm not a banana bread fan, but w/ oreos I'm gonna check into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to the store to make some bread today! I have friends coming to visit so I know it will be all gone! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete