Between blogging, facebook, and scrapbooking I was spending way too much time sitting at this computer and neglecting more important things like spending time in God's word, spending time with my precious family and less fun things...like housework.
So, I stepped away from blogging and facebook completely. I needed to prioritize. I decided that these things too are important to me, so I'm now allowing myself a certain amount of time per week to enjoy them.
I have so much to catch up that it's a bit overwhelming. I'm starting here with this post. I know you've been wanting to see pictures of the house, so here ya' go. It still needs work, but this is where it stands right now.
Thought I'd start ya' off with a little Christmas cheer! :)
The living room. I love that wall of windows. I just need a nice window treatment to dress it.
The kitchen. I took this picture before we moved in. The lighting stinks. It was dark and rainy and it makes the cabinets look yellow, which they are not. They're really gorgeous.
A better idea of what they really look like.
No explanation needed.
I love my pantry door. I love the fact that I finally have a pantry!
The dining room, currently.
Again, before we moved in, in bad lighting. The walls really aren't pea green. They are green, but more like what you see in the picture above. I just wanted to show off the ceiling. :)
Half bath.
Master bedroom. It needs work. I have material to add to the curtains, and pictures to hang on the walls. I'll get there...eventually.
The master bath. Possibly my favorite room in the house. But, again, it needs work too. I need a window treatment for over the tub and some things to hang on the walls. One day, I'll find the time. Until then, it's functional.
For the first time in my life, I enjoy showering as much as bathing.
Ahhhh...the closet. I can actually put all of my clothes out at once and have my shoes and purses in plain sight. Buck has matching shelving on his side too. It's perfection.
The boys' bath. In here I need to hang a few things on the walls and have the shower curtain monogrammed with their initials, and buy a bigger lamp. The towels look black in the photo, but they're chocolate brown.
My little No-Way Jose's room. It's so calming and peaceful. Perfect for my sweet baby boy.
I still have to work on the wall over his crib. I know what I'm going to do. It just has to wait until after the holidays.
And, B-bop's room. I love, love, love the striped wall! It turned out just how I pictured it in my head. I went with a sports themed room. It's the Jr. Varsity collection from Pottery Barn. Yes, it breaks my heart that he's actually big enough for a "big-boy bed".
This little basketball goal was a great buy! It's B's favorite thing in his room.
And, I had one more picture for you of the playroom, complete with a silly little boy making faces on the couch, but I somehow managed to delete it from the post, so I'll put it up later when I post the progress in the other rooms.
For the first time in my life, I enjoy showering as much as bathing.
Ahhhh...the closet. I can actually put all of my clothes out at once and have my shoes and purses in plain sight. Buck has matching shelving on his side too. It's perfection.
The boys' bath. In here I need to hang a few things on the walls and have the shower curtain monogrammed with their initials, and buy a bigger lamp. The towels look black in the photo, but they're chocolate brown.
My little No-Way Jose's room. It's so calming and peaceful. Perfect for my sweet baby boy.
I still have to work on the wall over his crib. I know what I'm going to do. It just has to wait until after the holidays.
And, B-bop's room. I love, love, love the striped wall! It turned out just how I pictured it in my head. I went with a sports themed room. It's the Jr. Varsity collection from Pottery Barn. Yes, it breaks my heart that he's actually big enough for a "big-boy bed".
This little basketball goal was a great buy! It's B's favorite thing in his room.
And, I had one more picture for you of the playroom, complete with a silly little boy making faces on the couch, but I somehow managed to delete it from the post, so I'll put it up later when I post the progress in the other rooms. And, I just realized I don't have a picture of the outside now that it's not a dust bowl. That one will come later too.
Your house looks lovely! I seriously just thought of you and how I have not seen you active much virtually. Glad all is well! Merry Christmas. :O)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful house, Jordan! Congrats on settling in. I know you're happy to be home! It's a lovely home for a lovely family. Happy Holidays!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I've missed you! I'm repeating to myself, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house". It's gorgeous...you deserve it. Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteSo glad for this sweet update! Balancing it all is rough, proud you have such a grip on priorities! Love the home pics, love your holiday card and letter, and glad to know you are all settling in and settling down. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete