"For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. " Psalm 139:13, 15-16
Last Tuesday we were able to see our little Baby X for the first time. It's a squirmy little thing, much like it's big brother. Everything looks great with the baby and we're expecting another healthy pregnancy.
It just amazes me to see our precious little ones heart beating, and to make out it's little hands and feet. You might have a hard time making anything out of these pictures, but I see a perfect miracle...a beautiful life growing inside me, formed by the hands of our Creator.
Much like when I saw the first ultrasound pictures of Brady, I feel more than ever an overwhelming desire to nurture and care for this child. As I read the words of Psalm 139 I feel a great responsibility to raise our children to know and to believe that those words are true. I want them to understand that although there will never be anyone else on this earth who could love them as we do, they have a Creator who loves them even more. He loves them so much in fact that He not only created them, but that He has already written their story. He wrote it knowing before they ever came to be, exactly what they would need.
I need to remember that. I became a mom and all of a sudden I started this senseless worrying. I mean well. I believe that I worry out of love. But, I need to remember that whatever tomorrow holds, for our children, for us, that He loves us. I need to remember that I don't have to worry about tomorrow, because He has already written that page. All I have to do is read it and follow His will, His wise counsel, His plan.
So, stay tuned for more of the story. There will be many more posts and pictures from this precious chapter.
Last Tuesday we were able to see our little Baby X for the first time. It's a squirmy little thing, much like it's big brother. Everything looks great with the baby and we're expecting another healthy pregnancy.
It just amazes me to see our precious little ones heart beating, and to make out it's little hands and feet. You might have a hard time making anything out of these pictures, but I see a perfect miracle...a beautiful life growing inside me, formed by the hands of our Creator.
Much like when I saw the first ultrasound pictures of Brady, I feel more than ever an overwhelming desire to nurture and care for this child. As I read the words of Psalm 139 I feel a great responsibility to raise our children to know and to believe that those words are true. I want them to understand that although there will never be anyone else on this earth who could love them as we do, they have a Creator who loves them even more. He loves them so much in fact that He not only created them, but that He has already written their story. He wrote it knowing before they ever came to be, exactly what they would need.
I need to remember that. I became a mom and all of a sudden I started this senseless worrying. I mean well. I believe that I worry out of love. But, I need to remember that whatever tomorrow holds, for our children, for us, that He loves us. I need to remember that I don't have to worry about tomorrow, because He has already written that page. All I have to do is read it and follow His will, His wise counsel, His plan.
So, stay tuned for more of the story. There will be many more posts and pictures from this precious chapter.
Glad to hear everything is going great! I love to see ultrasound pics. Its such an amazing thing to see a baby growing inside of you. Our God is amazing :)
ReplyDeletegirl! bella has already out a tutu for her!
ReplyDelete